The center-piece of Intentional Faith development for our children is our Sunday morning Sunday School program. We meet each Sunday during the worship service for all children from Pre-K through Senior High. We also have a staffed nursery for children up to three years of age.
Children join the congregation in the sanctuary for the opening prayers and hymns. The children move to the Sunday School classrooms at about 10:15, immediately after the Children’s Sermon. If your child would rather, everyone is welcome to remain in worship. Classes end around 11:00 AM, and Children’s Choir practice (with maestro Evan) begins at 11:15.
The classes meet as follows:
- Pre-K & Kindergarten Students meet in Room 106
- Elementary School Students meet in Room 202/204 (the Rug Room)
- Middle School Students meet in the Youth Lounge (Room 205)
- High School Students meets in the Campbell Room
Our elementary curriculum this year is HolyMoly! by Spark House. Each lesson includes a video cartoon of a Bible story, as well as games and activities. Our Middle Schoolers have been “Connect”ing with their faith through compelling videos aimed at tweens and contestations with our wonderful teachers. Our senior high youth explore issues of contemporary faith with the guiding hands and hearts of our teachers.
Sunday School Calendar Highlights:
- Intergenerational Worship with Communion 1st Sunday of each Month
- September – Kickoff, Homecoming, and Bibles to Third Graders
- Advent Craft Fair and Pageant in December
- January classes prepare for Children’s Sunday on the first Sunday in February
- Valentine Stewardship
- Easter Eggstravaganza
- Planting and Beautification